Other Videos: Worship | Nurture | Westside School | Service & Outreach
Over forty-five years ago, a small group formed St. Andrew to proclaim the Good News of Jesus. Through their commitment and sacrifice, God provided the funds to purchase land and build a church.
Twenty years later, that small group had grown. They still wanted to proclaim the Good News of Jesus, but needed a larger facility to allow more people to gather for worship and grow in the Word. They gave in sacrificial ways to purchase 13 acres of field land and build a facility more than six times the size of the one they were in. Through them, God provided what is now home to our church and school.
Our vision remains the same: to serve more people with the Good News of Jesus. Our vision is to do so by expanding our facility. We ask God once again to abundantly bless our ambitious plan to increase our ministry space and allow us to serve more people. The Fields Are Ripe.
- Expanding the education space enables more children and adults to hear the Gospel and provides more outreach opportunities.
- We do not have classrooms to start more adult Growth Groups on Sunday mornings.
- Plugged Into Jesus, our children’s ministry, is limited to using the gym; not an ideal learning space.
- In the last three years, Westside Christian School has grown by 50 percent.
- Renovating our worship space demonstrates to the community and the congregation the priority we place on worship.
- Replacing our crumbling parking lot not only maintains necessary infrastructure, but also rolls out a
large welcome mat to guests.
- Retiring our current mortgage sets us up to replace our current interim worship space and build a
new sanctuary when the time is right.
Education Wing Expansion: Construct six classrooms, one of which will be specially designed as an Art/STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) lab and bathrooms. Cost: $2,000,000
Worship Space Renovation: Renovate the flooring and lighting, redesign the chancel platform and enhance our speaker system. Cost: $150,000
Parking: Replace the current parking lot. Cost: $100,000
Mortgage Elimination: Devoting all remaining funds toward our current mortgage will allow us to save $300,000 in interest costs and redirect $58,000 in annual payments toward the goal of building a new permanent sanctuary when the Lord permits, perhaps as early as in five years. Cost: $850,000
Our “The Fields are Ripe” mission expansion effort has a goal to raise $3.1 million over the next three years to realize our vision. We do not ask for equal gifts, but we do ask for equal sacrifice.
In the coming weeks, we ask you to pray:
“Dear Lord, what would you do through me to accomplish your vision for our church?
Help me discern a sacrifice for our capital campaign that is meaningful and joyful. Amen.”
We have created a list of frequently asked questions about our new campaign, please visit this page to see if your question has been answered already!