The whirlwind has begun! Family gatherings, shopping, work gatherings, school events, increased year-end workload . . . where does it all fit? You may struggle with health issues or strained relationships. For others, the darkness of winter is starting to weigh heavily. The stress is starting to eat at you or someone you care deeply about.
Instead of adding to your schedule with “more church,” let us support you in clearing your schedule for a bit and making your time with Jesus a real priority. We invite you to pause from the stresses and join with us, a church consciously setting aside every Wednesday in Advent (or whichever day you choose), digging into the Word of God, offering prayer, celebrating, and anticipating both Jesus’ birth and the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
So what is your plan to use these devotions? Need ideas?
- Pick a time on Wednesdays (or another day of the week) when your whole family is home.
- Invite another St. Andrew family or a neighbor family to join you.
- Meet some friends at your favorite coffee shop.
- Use these devotions at the dinner table with your spouse or significant other; invite another couple to join you.
- Visit someone who is homebound and worship with him or her.
- Get together with your Growth Group weekly during this month.
Whenever and wherever you choose, make a personal commitment to this weekly time with Jesus. And be encouraged in knowing that your St. Andrew brothers and sisters are doing the same thing, with the same words, in the same faith.
God bless your time with him this Advent. May he be glorified by your prayer and praise, and may you be drawn ever nearer to him through his precious, powerful Word.