ST. ANDREW RETURNS TO ON-SITE
WORSHIP AND BIBLE STUDY
Dane County is poised to move to Phase 2 of the Forward Dane plan for re-opening. In Phase 2 churches have permission to resume worship gatherings of up to 50% capacity, provided we have a plan to mitigate spreading of the COVID-19 virus, including:
- the ability to maintain social distancing
- the resources and staff to clean common areas
- thorough communication of the plan
This document is our plan. We will continue to provide online worship services for those who are vulnerable or who don’t wish to venture into public gatherings. If you have questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected].
You can choose from four weekly worship service times, beginning the weekend of June 21. Please sign up for a worship time on our website by noon on Friday (this will be made available beginning the week of June 15). We are asking members to please sign up ahead of time for worship to ensure we don’t have too many in any one service. SIGN UP HERE
8:00 in the gym
9:15 in the sanctuary*
10:30 in the gym
* 9:15 AM worship on Sunday has been designated as our “mask required” service for those who may be more vulnerable.
Services will be 50 – 55 minutes to allow for staggered transition time between worship areas. Communion services are planned for July 5 and August 2. Details for those will be coming. You are welcome to contact a pastor for private communion any time.
Groups will be discussing with their individual groups during the next two weeks when they will begin meeting in person. When Sunday Growth Groups come back to church, we will implement proper social distancing. When back on site, Sunday Growth Groups will meet 9:00 – 10:00. Growth Groups are currently available online. Check out our virtual Growth Groups at st-andrew-online.org/virtualgrowthgroups.
Triplet Growth Groups will decide if they want to meet in person or online. Contact Mr. Kjenstad at [email protected] if you are interested in trying this new type of Growth Group.
FUEL will continue online Sundays at 7:00 PM. This is open to all teens including those who were recently confirmed.
Plugged into Jesus is finishing up online before breaking for the summer.
Musikgarten—We are evaluating Musikgarten and will provide an update soon.
Science Camp will not be held on site; instead, a take-home kit is available. Our theme is The Universe “Created at God’s Command.” Register now at st-andrew-online.org. Deadline is June 24.
HEALTH, SAFETY, & SANITIZATION
- Wash/sanitize your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and cover coughs/sneezes. If you feel ill or suspect you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home and use our online worship and Bible study resources.
- No changes to parking or building entry are necessary.
- Please observe social distancing (minimum six feet) between members of different households at all times. Parents are responsible for their children.
- Exterior doors will be propped open before and after worship for entry and exit. All interior doors will be propped to minimize contact.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the atrium and throughout the building.
- Masks and gloves are voluntary. Members are free to make their own decision here. Volunteers, staff, and called workers will wear masks. Sunday, 9:15 AM is designated as our “mask required” service for those who may be more vulnerable.
- Please sit in a row that is appropriate for your family size (if you are a single or a couple, don’t sit in a row of 6 unless no other seats are available.
- Ushers will be glad to assist with spacing if needed and will seat overflow in the atrium, if necessary.
- No printed materials (worship folder, etc.) will be used or available; this includes children’s bags and books. Offering plates will be available as you enter or exit worship space.
- The back corner external doors of the sanctuary will be propped open after services for those who wish to avoid the atrium when exiting (not possible with worship in the gym).
- Please welcome and visit your brothers and sisters in your worship space or outside with proper distancing. Please avoid fellowship in the atrium to allow transition space for those entering/exiting worship.
- Volunteers will sanitize surfaces in the sanctuary, gym, restrooms, and lobby throughout the morning (bathroom faucet handles, countertops, toilet seats, changing tables, stall doorknobs, main door handles, light switches, Guest Welcome Center, etc.)
- We are a singing church, but for the first few weeks back we will use pre-recorded music to listen to and meditate on. We will resume singing in worship when it is safer to do so.
- The Mothers’ Nursing Room will be available for one mom and her baby at a time.
- The Training Room will be available for one family at a time.
- Please plan to bring your own coffee for the first few weeks.