Mission Madison is designed to expose the middle school-aged students of St. Andrew and Westside to ways they can live out their faith in our community. God has called us to be salt and light in the world as we live out the faith through our personal lives and by serving others. We will use this trip as an opportunity to walk through personal devotions and worship time. Things we will be experiencing on this trip will be, homelessness in Madison, the growing need for food pantries and social services that accompany them, and also looking after and helping with a civic project.
Dates: June 28-30
This will be a 2.5 day trip of living Jesus’ love for our community as we display his love through service. Just like our national trips, those who wish to participate will be asked to participate in the whole experience from noon on Sunday, June 30 through 8 PM on Tuesday, June 30. There will be training meetings on April 19, 12-2 PM and April 26, 5-7 PM for those who register.
Who: This trip is for students in grades 6-8 graders.
Cost: $75 per student (contact Pastor Kelly financial assistance is necessary)
What to Expect:
- To have a TON of fun!
- To make some new friends.
- To fall in love with the place/people you are ministering to.
- To work really hard.
- To sometimes be uncomfortable.
- To be pushed outside your comfort zone.
- To meet people and see places you may not otherwise have the opportunity to do.
- To be tired, but in a really satisfying way.
- To spend a lot of time in prayer, devotion, and worship.
- To have to follow some non-negotiable rules.
What we will provide for you:
- Lodging for the trip
- 3 meals per day, as well as snacks
- Daily Devotional journal
- Lots of smiles and Encouragement!
Registration coming Jan 12, 2020