STAY BUSY – AND GROW TOO!
Please note: all links below will take you to external websites. St. Andrew is not responsible for the content of the below resources. These are provided as a service to help you and your family as many of us spend time at home.
FAITH RESOURCES – ADULTS
Online Worship: Join us online Sundays after 8AM for our weekly online Sunday service. And after 5PM on Wednesday nights join us for our weekly Lenten service. Don’t let staying inside prevent you from spending time with God!
Virtual Growth Groups: While we aren’t able to gather physically we will gather virtually.
St. Andrew Devotions: Monday through Friday of each week your pastors write 250 word devotions that we email out based on the same section of God’s Word we studied on Sunday.
St Andrew Facebook Community: This is our church’s private Facebook group where you can connect with your St. Andrew family for prayer and support!
Illumine Spotlight: Our mission partner in Seattle, Illumine Church, has put together interactive personal worship. Great resource for personal or family time with God.
YouVersion Bible App: A free app that allows you to read dozens of translations of the Bible, as well as read plans created to help you through various challenges and situations. Below are a few recommended plans:
- Promises of God: 28 day plan focusing on what God promises for us in His Word
- From Anxiety to Peace: 6 day plan that helps you find peace in Jesus
- Making Time to Rest: 5 day plan to help you prioritize and grow closer to God
- Psalm 23: 6 day plan from Time of Grace based on Psalm 23
- Job: 5 day video devotion plan from Time of Grace to support you in tough times
- Devotions Based on Chris Tomlin Music: YouVersion offers several devotion plans, ranging from 3 to 7 days, based on albums released by Chris Tomlin. Each day of these has a devotion based on a song and a Scripture reading. (It’s fun to play the song from YouTube first, too!)
Time of Grace: This website has written blogs, video devotions, and tons of other great resources to help you grow in your faith. You can subscribe for daily emails, or follow on your favorite Social Media channel.
WELS Devotions – Devotions provided by our church body for different groups and interests. You can sign up for emailed daily devotions here.
FAITH RESOURCES – KIDS
Bible Coloring Pages – Color some Biblically themed print outs! We have many more if anyone is interested.
The Bible App for Kids: A free app from the makers of YouVersion which gives kids an interactive journey through the major stories of the Bible.
YouVersion Bible App: While there are great plans for adults, there are also amazing reading plans for families to do together! Here are a few plans you might consider:
- How Great is Our God: A 7-Day Journey Through the Universe with God, published by Louie Giglio. Each day shares scientific facts about our world or universe, places these wonders in a faith context, provides a guided prayer, and a Scripture lesson.
- Indescribable: A 7-Day Journey about God and Science, published by Louie Giglio. Each day shares scientific facts about our world, places these wonders in a faith context, provides a guided prayer, and a Scripture lesson.
- Count Your Blessings: A Keys for Kids 7-day devotional. Each day has a story of a kid learning about blessings, a prayer, and a Scripture lesson.
- He is Risen: This 5-day devotion includes a video, lesson, and Scripture reading which walks kids through the events of Holy Week.
- Heroes of the Old Testament: This 25-day devotion includes a video, lesson, and Scripture reading for each day. It shares the stories of the old testament in kid-friendly ways.
This is a developing list, please e-mail us with any other resources you can find!
EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES – KIDS
Scholastic Learn-At-Home: Free online courses for kids, based on grade level groupings. Includes content for multiple subjects, videos, and readings. No sign-in required.
Scholastic Interactive Learning: Online tours, science experiments, and other activities by grade level. No sign-in required.
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: This author/illustrator and artist-in-residence at the Kennedy Center shares daily art videos for kids to join along with him.
Wild and Free Art Classes: A YouTube channel where kids can take free online art classes. New classes being published every day.
30 Virtual Tours for Kids: A Google Doc with links to zoo webcams, tours of children’s museums, and more!
Zoo-Phonics: Fun, free YouTube video series to help preschool-aged children with phonics development.
Playing Preschool: a list of 190 activities to do with your preschool-aged children at home.
Story Time from Space: Real astronauts read stories from space! Science-related content also available.
Parent Cue: This app provides parents with resources and information to support their kids emotionally and spiritually, based on their developmental age.
Vroom: An app for parents of children aged 0-5; provides resources and tips for helping develop your child’s brain in these formative years.
Focus on the Family – COVID-19 Resources: This resource contains family devotions, parenting resources, and marriage support, tailored to the current situation we’re all facing.
The British Museum: View mummies, the Rosetta Stone, and more!
National Gallery of Art: Virtually walk through exhibits on American fashion and the painter Johannes Vermeer.
National Museum of Natural History: Take virtual tours of various current and past exhibits at this museum in Washington, D.C.
Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Netherlands: You can take a virtual tour to view the pieces of art from Dutch artists and others from across the world.
National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea: View six floors of galleries from this museum in Seoul.
Mount Vernon: Take a virtual walk through the residence of our first president, George Washington!
Louvre Museum of Art in Paris, France: Choose your virtual tour of many of the famous art exhibits in this museum.
Georgia Aquarium Webcams: Go underwater without getting wet! Enjoy several live views of tanks from the Georgia Aquarium.
PHYSICAL FITNESS & OUTDOORS
50 Free Workouts from Home: A list of links to free workout videos you can use at home. List includes cardio, yoga, barre, and more.
Strength-Training Exercises for Kids: This list from Parents Magazine can provide you with some workouts you can do with your children.
9 Best Exercise Videos for Kids: YouTube video links to videos that provide age-appropriate workouts for kids.
50 Fun Things to Do Outside with Kids as a Family: a list of great activities you can do in your own backyard!
COMMUNITY & MENTAL HEALTH
Google Hangouts: You can set up group meetings and video chats, as well as send messages, with this free tool. The link includes details for how to get started. (NOTE: You will need a Google account to get started. It’s free!)
Facebook Messenger Video Chats: If you have a Facebook account, you can do more than just check your feed! You can use Facebook Messenger to do video chats with one person or a group of people. You can also send messages, links, stickers and more. This link tells you how to set up a video call on Facebook Messenger. (NOTE: You will need a Facebook account to get started. You can set up Facebook Messenger without setting up a Facebook profile, if you are worried about privacy!)
Virtual Counseling: If you are struggling and would like to talk with a counselor contact Pastor Kelly who will help direct you to local or virtual resources.